- Not praying together with my husband for my marriage, is a very VERY bad idea.
- I am not perfect, I don’t know all the answers, I’m not always right and that’s okay.
- Sweeping things under the proverbial ‘rug’ never works, we need to work issues out in a timely manner.
- Losing the flame of love between my husband and I is NEVER an option, daily fan that flame sister!
- My husband is a man. He has sexual needs that I must be aware of his needs daily.
- I need to gently tell my husband when he has taken on too much & know his signs of emotional exhaustion in ministry.
- Arguments, disagreements, and yelling can & do happen.
- Perseverant love through the storms is imperative.
- I am NOT my husband, I cannot make him do things that I want him to do.
- Sometimes I will not like my husband, he will say the wrong thing, he will not be able to read my mind, he will annoy me and say hurtful things. I will forgive…
- I will more than likely be used as a sermon illustration, frequently…I’ll forgive him for that later too…
- My husband is not Superman, he can’t do it all, he can’t please everybody and that’s okay.
- I cannot expect my hubby to meet the needs that only God can fulfill in me.
- My marriage is not automatically safeguarded from divorce, unfaithfulness, and adultery.
- I need to ask the Lord to help me to love my husband as He does.
- I need to jealously guard my husband’s day off.
- I am to be my husband’s helpmate & biggest fan.
- Changing my husband is God’s job, not mine.
….please add your own tidbits of wisdom in the comments section below, these are things I’ve learned over my years of ministry, I still have MUCH to learn…