Holiday time is alway a great time to make delicious meals, appetizers and desserts. We love making our favorites but we love trying new recipes. So we decided to bring you recipes from our bloggers for you to try out. You see, there are no calories in December!
First we have some of Stephanie’s favorite recipes:
Spiced Cran-Cherry Sauce
Gluten Free Eggnog Cheesecake
Not-your-Ordinary Baked Oatmeal
Secondly we have one of Terri’s favorite recipe.
Homemade pumpkin spice creamer for my coffee!!
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream see note
- First, in a medium saucepan, toast up spices for 1 minute over a medium heat.
- Using a whisk, mix in pumpkin puree and honey. Let it all heat up for about 30 seconds.
- Then, remove from the heat.
- Then add milk and cream (or half and half). Whisk until well mixed.
- Pour into a heat-proof glass bottle or cool to room temperature and pour into a container with a lid.
- Lastly, store in the fridge for up to 1 week
Thirdly, we have a great recipe from Kate that is so worth the time.
While these are not originally mine, I have made these time and time again over the years. For example, one of our friends even specially requested I make a batch of these, just for him! They may take a little bit of time, but I promise you…the result is AMAZING!
Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Lastly, we have a simple but good breakfast recipe from Rachel
We love to have Sopapilla Cheesecake bars Christmas mornings. We tell the kids it is a cinnamon roll casserole! As a result, it’s a fam fav. It is also a great crowd pleasing dessert!
Sopapilla Cheesecake bars
So to wrap it up, these recipes look delicious. So I hope you get to try a few this Holiday. Remember that there are no calories in December!